Anecdotal evidence 2.

It was only last night that I was catching the now-infamous 20 back home after a hard day's work. I didn't notice the man get on the bus, until he sat down next to me.

I remember waiting for his 'scent' to come to me because he was so close, but didn't get a smell of anything. I continued staring out the window until I noticed he was holding a pill bottle, and a little plastic bag with about twenty little white pills in it.

He removed a pill from the bag, and the next thing I know he's grinding it with the bottom of the pill bottle, sitting right next to me! As he was grinding he became more and more focussed until we both realised he was leaning on me fairly heavily. I was a little gobsmacked to say the least, and wondering how I was going to interrupt him when my stop came up.

Ok. The grinding was finished. But then, he tipped out the freshly crushed white stuff, and retrieved a crusty piece of paper from his pocket, rolled it up, and snorted his dope right there in front of me!

Of course, being the softly spoken lamb that I am, I didn't interrupt, and I didn't protest. Just said scuse me when it was time for me to get off.

Let's just hope it was a tic-tac.