Is home where my heart is?

The satisfaction I get from having a home base is something that I have sincerely missed on my travels. The simple pleasure of making a coffee in a cup that's yours just the way you like it... having some herbs growing outside... playing whatever music you want...

Don't get me started on having friends over. I used to have my own house up in the Adelaide hills. It was a real refuge for me after a few hard times. I would enjoy nothing more than to have friends or family up for a meal, or cup of tea. We'd sit together and talk, in my space. Love it.

My room of my own is coming very soon. It's not much, but I must admit I like the idea of starting frugally in Vankie. I want to see what I can do with not much money. It's a good way to explore the city as well, trying to find interesting, cheap housey things.

I draw the line at secondhand bedding though. That could be sooo icky.