Something new every day.

When I was little I think I shocked my mum and dad one day by writing "G" on just about everything in my room: the bookshelves, the walls, my bedhead... I even scratched a G into the top of the washing machine. This behaviour didn't exactly match with the shy, retiring flower that I (or my parents) thought me to be.

Now I don't remember what my punishment was, other than a little steam coming out of my mum's ears. And I certainly don't recall feeling like I succeeded particularly in stroking my own ego by emblazoning every found object in my room (and the laundry) with my scarlet letter Gs.

To this day I am still attracted to things with the letter G on them. I had a friend who cut my hair called Gerry, and I was jealous of his shiny G belt buckle.

Anyway, I digress from the whole point of this post, which is that I consider myself to be a fairly liberal sort... you know... in general you should do unto others as you would have done to yourself (or whatever it is)... don't be mean to people just because they are different from you, as long as they're not hurting anyone... that sort of thing...

I was chuffed to hear that some kind souls had taken my sentiments to heart and created Georgism: entire philosophical movement named after me (and some person called Henry)! Sure, it's a little more about charging everybody the same level of tax than i'm interested in, but i'm not going to complain because I am so liberal, and they're doing their best.

As I was reading about this fabulous development, I remembered a word which I think looks particularly nice when you write it in swirly cursive... all those Ss... starts with an N...

Can you guess what it is?