Bash.

I went with nice American lady to see some theatre last night. It was very good. It reminded me of some of the smaller shows I saw in Adelaide at venues like the Bakehouse Theatre.

It was a series of 3 parts called "Bash", put on by the very cool, and super independent New City Theater. Each part was about a supposedly normal person who had committed murder in spontaneous circumstances: a father who smothered his baby to keep his job, a mormon jock who bashed a fag in Central Park, and a woman who electrocuted her son for cold revenge against his father, who had been her teacher in high school.

The theater group has been around for about 20 years, and they put on lots of interesting plays, having commissioned work from a variety of American playwrights.

I must admit it took me a while to stop thinking that the actors were pretending to do an American accent. I kept waiting for their real accent to shine through... silly.

I'd like to see more of their stuff.