I had dinner with Debra the Unitarian chaplain last night. It had been a while since i'd seen her, and we always have interesting chats. Last night was no different.
It's nice to have a friend who's a theologian - particularly because i'm about as close as an atheist as you can get. Topics tossed amongst the beef rendang included:
- what is "the prophetic voice",
- why does this Jesus character exist if all he has become thanks to history is the embodiment of a story,
- how can the many world faiths/spiritualities actually work together to do what they say they do (aka: be nice),
- the Unitarian faith emerged in Transylvania in 1563 in the Reformation alonside the Baptists and some other choice faiths,
- what did you do over Christmas?,
- Mexico and a cool place you can rent with 6 friends for $1000 a month,
- Australia and where the good surf spots are and what it was like to see my friends, and
- many more.