Shagged in transition.

I am about to leave Vancouver for San Francisco. It will be a hugely exciting adventure, and I can't wait to get started. Having said that, now that there's only a couple of days before I leave, I am sleepless and melancholy about yet another chrysalis being abandoned, moving away from close friends I have made and the sheer gorgeousity of this city.

I have had a mantra of sorts in the past: "courage in adversity". The reason I find this so useful is because I acknowledge (and occasionally revel in the fact that) things do test and push me. Strength comes from feeling resolute about things not staying that way. Even though I tossed and turned to various insecty friends into the wee hours of the morning last night, I know this opportunity that has fallen in my lap is too good to pass by. It will be sad and yukky to leave Michelle, Shannon and Kevvy Keverson for Californian pastures. It's hard to leave my fantastic pad of amazingness and all the perks associated with it. But there are so many positives to the move that I can't stop.

So long Vankie, and hello San Francoco/Frankie/Franciskie/Franny/Franny Wanny Wooser!

And frankly, I couldn't have planned it better myself.