How to be naked.

A session at Blogher.
  • Putting other people at risk
  • Careful but revealing
  • Benefits - normalising?
  • Can personal not be political?
  • When does it start becoming narcissistic? "When you write your first word." - Dooce
  • Personal insight as platform
  • New to blogging - All this freedom! I'm invincible! I am not conscious of my responsibility!
  • I can hear my voice. I become proud.
  • Personal vignette speaks to larger issue. Admission brings resonance. "I feel that way too."
  • Benefit of knowing one's self. "Crabby Old Lady" or Me. Writing in the 3rd person opposed to 1st.
  • Write for your core audience. Would you rather have 10 readers that love you, or a million that hate you?
  • My address is a drain on the A31.
  • Out yourself first, before anyone else can.
  • I can't believe you put your kids on the internet like that!
  • I didn't back away from using my real name. I imagine my family reading over my shoulder.
  • "I'm poly, kinky and bi." - audience member
  • "I'm monogamous. Please tell my husband" - dooce
  • Rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb...

Panelists:
jorydesjardins.com/
dooce.com/
timegoesby.net/
multidimensional.me.uk/

Tag:

--
My session was a bit poopy. We'd planned to do demos of kewl stuff, and didn't have internet access for about 90% of the time. Good sophisticated questions... hard to give everyone answers.