- Putting other people at risk
- Careful but revealing
- Benefits - normalising?
- Can personal not be political?
- When does it start becoming narcissistic? "When you write your first word." - Dooce
- Personal insight as platform
- New to blogging - All this freedom! I'm invincible! I am not conscious of my responsibility!
- I can hear my voice. I become proud.
- Personal vignette speaks to larger issue. Admission brings resonance. "I feel that way too."
- Benefit of knowing one's self. "Crabby Old Lady" or Me. Writing in the 3rd person opposed to 1st.
- Write for your core audience. Would you rather have 10 readers that love you, or a million that hate you?
- My address is a drain on the A31.
- Out yourself first, before anyone else can.
- I can't believe you put your kids on the internet like that!
- I didn't back away from using my real name. I imagine my family reading over my shoulder.
- "I'm poly, kinky and bi." - audience member
- "I'm monogamous. Please tell my husband" - dooce
- Rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb...
My session was a bit poopy. We'd planned to do demos of kewl stuff, and didn't have internet access for about 90% of the time. Good sophisticated questions... hard to give everyone answers.