- Bev - writing in 2 different languages requires 4 different voices
- language and context
- blogging in english is where the community was
- separation of message in translation
- use the language imbalance as you might the gender imbalance
- Noriko - professional writer, why would i blog? it seems so easy
- blogging is american style - provocative, not contemplative
- for me to be provocative makes me uncomfortable
- to "brand" yourself might lead to repetition
- you don't get to read other languages
- define what you say by what you would not say
- i'm not interested in myself... there's never an answer
- discover your inner bitch!?
- Anna - normal news isn't for us. we created a news source.
- globalization has lead to affecting change from the other side of the world
- "pre-loaded with cultural sensitivity"
- definition of audience - unapologetically south asian, second generation immigrants
- sepiamutiny.com/sepia/ - "anything brown"
- Dina - voicing my thoughts has liberated me
- i control my environment
- my community is global
- problems in india? liberation is threatening traditional power structures
- the global world is not hierarchical
- not many pre-ordained rules
- need a blogroll of international/cultural/across language boundaries
- software side to loss in translation
- basic human interaction is global
- globalisation makes room for identity
- i won't be tarred by the same brush as everyone else in my race because you can hear me
- i hope the conversation continues...