My summer holiday I.

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
- Dr. Seuss

I was saddest (most smiley?) to see Soph back home. We had planned as young friends to build a big house with 2 separate wings that met in a shared kitchen. That way our families could live together and see each other when food, drinks and snacks were involved. It sounded so great as we scribbled mental notes on design and fantasised about locations.

More's the pity when I step back to realise the extremely different paths our lives have taken: She in Sydney, with two beautiful boys and a wonderful husband; me in another part of the world, with no kiddies in sight (enjoying rather extreme independence).

It's not over of course, but some bits are... they appear lost to me, only to return thanks to stories, time and proximity, all of which escape us.

She and hers do definitely make me smile though.