Because of the spring.

What the hell was I thinking? This site was covered in CSS barnacles, from many late nights trying hopelessly to personalise someone else's template-y bit from blogger. I had a pungent mix of inline styles as well as an external CSS file. Funnily enough, over the weekend, the site it was hosted on went down which meant this site looked U-G-L-Y (you ain't got no alibi).

Now, I've never particularly been one to give a stuff about pretty, validating code. That said, I knew this site was a Damn Mess, so I decided to actually do a wee design from scratch - without just trying to smoodge one of Blogger's pre-canned templates.

Anyway, here's a little something new. There was a bit of stuff in a sidebar before (archives, links etc), and i've popped that down the bottom. My most recent Flickr photos are along the top.

Because i'm such a hopeless romantic, let's just call this Happy Valentine's Day.