Notre Dame.

I went to the dentist today for the first time in about seventy years. I expected that I'd need denchers any day now, and that I'd caused irrevocable damage to my dentalness through sheer neglect. Turns out I brush twice a day with too much vim, and am at risk of mild periodontinitisnistis.

Luckily, I need a couple of fillings and a good clean, and my wisdom teeth are right where they should be. Who knew your jaw points up at the back? (I was worried that my wizzies hadn't come all the way down...)

Anyhoo, I got on MUNI to head home after the appointment. There was a sea of red and navy kiddies on board. Funny how adults smile to themselves when there are schoolkids around. We're so used to being alone in our minds, glancing side to side at everyone else, yet rarely engaging. Perhaps it's the group dynamic that makes us smile, with envy.

There were two girls looking at me. One of them said, "I like your pants."

"Thank you," I said, smiling.