The Year in Pictures.

Thought I'd take the opportunity to go over my ever-growing archives, and pull out some of my favourite photos from the year.

January
On a nice day wandering around the botanic gardens here in San Francisco, I suddenly worked out what depth of field is:





February
4 year old batting skillz:

At bat



March
Enjoying the surreptitious snapping power of the camera phone:

Quick bite



April
Baby's First Holga - it's a whole new world:

Choy



May
I'm beginning to see the light - I think this is one of my favourite photos to date:

Fans II



June
My handsome brother gets married!

Andy



July
I begin to ask people if I can take their picture. I waited for this chap to turn and look at me:

24th Street II



August
Heather lent me one of her many cameras - a Minolta AL-F. Rangefinder curiousity:

Mouth



September
And now I'm doing photo wanders with a bunch of proper photographers:

Apprentice



October
Mel marries Paul in Glasgow. (Taken with the new Rangefinder I ended up buying, a Bessa-R. Lovely film too - Kodak Portra 400 Vivid Color):

Bride



November
Cameraphone still works, as does pink:

bling's end



December
One of my favourite places in the city, Mission Dolores: