COVID-19 Journal: Day 10

Spending time. Paying attention.
Spending attention. Wasting time.
Waiting time. Lacking attention.
Watching time.

One of the yoga people on my doodad talks about trying to observe your natural breath when you come to the end bit, in corpse pose. The hard part is, as soon as you observe it, it changes. You begin to breathe wholesomely deliberately. I cannot observe my natural breath.

What's beginning to be missing is everyday seeing. Yes, while I sit at my desk or at my front window at home, I can see passersby. But I'm only seeing passersby. When I was making breakfast this morning, I saw my neighbour Chris leaning out his window. I said hello and we chatted! Chatted! There are two birds building a nest near his window and he was peeking, he's working and it's still busy, everything's fine, they're a bit stir crazy, they painted some of the house on the weekend. Back to work. It's fine.

I think I have to go for a ride. Luckily, I have lots of leftovers now (Karniyarik, roast chicken). Wondering how much of my cognition is taken up with what to eat next. Normally, I love the next meal, but now, when I get there, I'm thinking it's too close to the last one.

This was my favourite thing on the internet today, via Rachel. Thanks again, xkcd.

https://xkcd.com/2287/