COVID-19 Journal: Day 9

Is it Monday? Today I didn't even know what time it was. I'd completely forgotten about daylight savings. I can't say for certain, but I think that's the first time that's happened to me. So many firsts! Yay, pandemic!

Something fun and old-internet-y happened for me yesterday. I'd grabbed two eggplants at my Tesco run the other day -- you remember -- and, well, I like to eat eggplants, but don't cook them often. After fantasising about a Ratatouille recreation, I couldn't be bothered asked on Twitter. Lots of friends and some strangers made suggestions for me. I chose one from Cansu called Karniyirak, and made it. I guess we're all bored shitless? 

Look. I even took photos just like the old days:

Bonus: used 🍆 in every tweet that day.



Fuck. This is going to be boring.

But, some fun happened today. My friend Ella lives nearby, but she's holed up in Bristol, so asked if I'd go and check on her place and water the plants. Fun! I left the house when it was raining a bit, had a nice out-of-the-blue chat on the telephone with Katherine, and took my sanctioned exercise. Got to Ella's, retrieved the keys, and opened up. There is a small poo on the doormat.

I looked in all her cupboards. I tried on her clothes. And the clothes of her lodger. I had a bath. I drank her tea. I ate her almonds. I played her electric piano. I sneezed in her Proust. Page 56, if you must know. 

I told her it was nice to be needed.