COVID-19 Journal: Day 11

This isn't complex. My basic needs are met, as Leonora reminded me yesterday. It's a simple song, touch wood. What shall I have to eat? Should I walk now? Get up. No crescendos, for a while I think.

The highlights of today were straightforward. I went for a walk. Discovered my local post office is closed until further notice. That's a small spanner for work that can be worked around. I stopped at a small park I'd never sat in before and sat in it. It is on what's normally a busy street near a copse of shops, including a good gelato place.



I left and kept walking a bit. Saw this mural:



Hit the high street by small error of judgement. Stuck with it until the next turn back into the smaller streets. I was out of milk, so went to the corner shops. I bought four pears, two apples, ginger, bread, milk, lardons, cranberry juice, two beers, a block of hazelnut dairy milk. At the cashier I decided to get some Gordon's gin and two bottles of tonic. I'm not even drinking that much, but, now I can, I guess. It'll be nice if it warms up. I have too much ricotta.

I did some work. We're getting low on packaging supplies, and I have to wait for more. Then we'll be low another part of the packaging and I'll have to wait for that too. We need something laser cut but all the laser cutters are being used to make visors for the NHS, and you can't argue with that, and nor should you. I can improvise, I'm sure.

Then I whipped out the glue gun, so that was fun. It's nice to do simple work while you're thinking about complicated things.



I had a leftover lunch.



Had fun call with Charlie and Rob. Trying to incorporate a fart noise into one of our collections we're working on about Greek Gods & Goddesses, obvs. Now it's dark and I'm watching Witness and trying to write a letter.

Harrison Ford gives good torso.