COVID-19 Journal: Day 17

Fucking asshole shitbags. Today has been a 50/50 mix of good and bad and I just finished a bad bit so fuckitty shitbag filty bumholes.

Got up. Shower. Family call. Peanut butter on toast. Had to get courier labels for nice Hermès guy called Marvin who was stopped dead by their lack yesterday so had to walk to nearby print shop for five A4 printouts because I didn't bring my printer from work but the chap was nice and I'll probably go back for other stuff at some point and he's still open from 10-2 although it's quiet.

Phoned Fiona because she's got it. She's getting better though thank fuck, and I showed her my walk because she hasn't left the house for ages.

Went back to Ella's to water the plants. Took some limes on the turn. Am seriously considering a G&T with them now. Actually, I'll just do that.


Bing!

You know sometimes when you're on a website and you click a button and it changes a shitload more than you were expecting? Well, that's why you can see this Extra Retro look for the blog now. I did an update. My lovingly crafted old fashioned HTML no longer renders in the fucking renderer so now I have to unpick the shit and blah blah to fix it so I'm miffed about that but it's so minor whatever and I actually don't mind the Severe Retro for a bit.

Anyway, after swearing about that I had a lovely call with Charlie and Rob to work on our Greek Gods & Goddesses. We listened to the fab work Charlie's been doing getting the audio together, and we'd all listen independently then come back to talk it over. I liked our listening faces so I snuck a video in. But it's annoying to post so you'll just have to imagine it.

Then I went to the grocer and got a shitload of fruit and veg and that made me feel happy. My house has more fruit and veg in it than ever before. I had a giant salad for lunch, with a lemon-y vinaigrette and loads of 'erbs. Divine. I'm so glad for spring. Yay, asparagus! Hello, chard. 


SALAD

Then did more work with a peppermint tea. Pace still feels odd. But, FINALLY sent a bunch of Boxes today, because I got their labels for Marvin. It's taken me AGES. But now I have a (new) procedure.


BYE BYE

I also got an email today from the US, from Wells Fargo, who I've had an account with for 15 years, telling me they've closed it because I had an overdraft of $130.94. I got on the phone and paid it off immediately, and said can they just reopen it again please. The lady was polite and said I can't do that you'll have to talk to Sales would you like me to transfer you. I said yes and then waited for 20 minutes on hold, but there's a pandemic so that's OK. Then Ginger in Sales answered and repeated the "we care" greeting asking me if I was OK and we got talking and then she told me she was worried about her sister in New Jersey and then we didn't know how to get back to business so I just said shall we get back to business and Ginger couldn't help me either but I should talk to the overdraft people again and I said OK and I know the number. Then I talked to Annabelle who was also concerned about me and my family and I said thank you and can you please just open the account again and she said probably not and that it only happens on special occasions if you come into a branch and cajole the manager and FUCK IT - that's that then. SHIT. I'm angry because it's the small pipe I have that connects me to things over there and all the payment electronica is flimsy and blah blah blah it's a tiny problem and I'm boring myself so FUCK IT.


It's ok I'm not turning (back) to drink I just though that was funny.