COVID-19 Journal: Day 18

OK, it's getting weird. I didn't really know what I was doing today. I feel like I'm in a hot air balloon. I've started marking days off with a diagonal line on my wall calendar, which I've never done before. Another first! Yay, pandemic.

Good breakfast. (Quick Chard & Lentil Curry goes well with eggs and toast!):

Breakfast


Met Lynsey for a lovely walk:









Cemetery is a fine place to go in a pandemic. It was a bit weird to see four cops in the middle, but, OK. Rode home.

I can't remember what I did then really. I had an orange and coffee for lunch, because I wasn't that hungry. Oh, and then a scone with jam.



I think the oranges I got are juicing oranges not eating oranges so I JUICED THEM WITH MY FACE


I was restless in place after that, until I had a long shower in the afternoon. Even in the shower, I lost time. I'm honestly not sure how long I was in there. But, I felt better. Finally did a bit of work, thinking about trying to find a Big Idea for a grant thing, but it's out of reach and hazy. 

Had a glass of vino on the stoop with lovely neighbours. We had planned for them to come over and sit around my firepit (at a distance) but I felt nervous about that, so we stooped instead. We talked about it, and neither of them were nervous about it - we're local with each other, and being careful etc, and, and. I saw the new neighbours have their washing out so that's fine.

I'd cleaned the barbie grill a bit just in case, and somehow sliced my finger a bit somewhere. Not sure how. That was possibly the biggest surprise of the last week or so. (It'll be fine.) 




Actually no, the biggest surprise was my friend who was on hold calling 111 bum dialling me and then apologising. (She's ok and coping, but that was odd. I wanted to know what was happening, but I wasn't shocked and on high alert, even while caring very much.) Very strange.

Made a larger version of the baked ricotta breakfast thing I made the other day for breakfast, and it was delicious. There's half left for breakfast.

Oh, I vacuumed. 

I'm fine. It's fine.