COVID-19 Journal: Day 95

The little shop that I did after I posted a card to a friend was so far away from #essench I thought I'd remark upon it: Four bottles of Corona - beer, not virus; great for hot weather), two cans of San Pellegrino - orange and pantaloon no I mean pompelmo, about 20 cherries, and some blueberries. It was hot today, but I stayed cool, quietly working inside, apart from that walk. I had quite a good food day today. I'm glad I've never been the person to count and note everything she eats, but let's see if I can do it for today.
  1. Coffee
  2. Strawbs, yoghurt, almonds, granola
  3. Coffee
  4. Salad of lettuce, cucumber, tomato, spring onion, tuna and a balsamic dressing, with pita bread
  5. Cup of tea, Tunnocks Caramel Wafer (now I only have one left, but was reminded by Rebekah that I could just buy more but I thought I'd done so well embodying a certain Britishness by stockpiling Tunnocks for the foreseeable)
  6. Strawberry milkshake and some peanuts (the strawbs were ripe)
  7. Salt & Pepper crisps
  8. Two Coronas
  9. About 20 cherries
  10. A piece of bread and butter
  11. 3-4 glasses of water


(I didn't eat all those peanuts.)


It's not exactly fasting.

I am short on material. I've enjoyed trying to keep these notes spur of the moment and off the cuff and also occasionally being a more detailed gathering and maybe even reflection on something that's either happened or on my mind. I've been thinking about that phrase AndrĂ© Anderson used on Monday at DeptOfDreams: anti-fragile and how that's a good phrase for now, not only for me but for you, probably, and maybe for larger scale groups or organisations or even governments.

I've been watching Prime Minister's Questions. What a farce. The only thing I'll say is that I wish America had something like it, where the President has to get up on live telly and answer questions. Even though the format is broken and a bit pointless because there's no rebuttal except - apparently(?) - for the Leader of the Opposition when things start, at least the PM has to demonstrate basic awareness of most things, although Boris has the Etonian rhetorical skill that allows him to slickly sidestep a question he doesn't not know the answer to, I'm sure Trump would fall on his ass.

It's going to be hot again tomorrow. I'm going to have a swim.

The best thing I saw on the internet today was a tie! It was between An Installation by Felix Gonzalez-Torres Honors Sweetness and Loss and The Blanket Octopus, shot in the Lembeh Straits on a Blackwater Night Dive with NAD Lembeh. I can imagine it might be calming to be a scientist in times of great social unrest. Especially a marine biologist.