Best I sleep with Dad.

Well... it's working. Staying at the Y has made me WANT to read the Bible. The Gideon's just sits there in the top drawer, waiting patiently for you to grab it.

I had always thought I should read it just to see what all the fuss is about. I've gotta say, no wonder it's so bloody popular! It's all just sex and men living for 900 years, and angels and things. It's probably because I read with a feminist bent that I was so surprised by the following passage:
Then the firstborn said to the younger,
"Our father is old, and there is not a man on
earth to come in to us after the manner of the
earth.

"Come, let us make our father drink wine,
and let us lie with him that we may preserve
our family through our father."

So they made their father drink wine that
night, and the firstborn went in and lay with
her father; and he did not know when she lay
down or when she arose.

GENESIS 19:31-33

Then the younger sister does it too, and behold! Unto them some kinder come. Look out Dad! I know you two want grandkids!

Admittedly, i'm probably missing the appropriate lesson here, but... C'MON!