All Hallow's Eve

It was about 7pm, and I was on my way home. Considering that our household is hosting a party tonight, and that these Canadian kids are so obsessed by all things Halloween, I decided I should get a costume to wear to the party.

So, I wandered down to Hastings Street, to a huge, mega-discount haberdashery called Dressew, which happened to be fully stocked with el-cheapo Halloween costumes.

It was also fully stocked with the entire population of Vankie. I had to shove lots of giggling Japanese girls out of the way to get to the wig aisle. I reached gridlock in the spooky rubber mask section. I hate shopping for anything when it's like that, so I left to fight another day.

I returned to a far more moderate environment this morning for purchase. You'll be pleased to know i'm going to keep my fabulous outfit a secret, but know this - if there's any trouble at the party, i'm dressed to kill.