Off a duck's back.

Ok. It's been raining for a couple of days now.

I found it a real challenge to get out of my cosy bed this morning, seeing the grey sky, listening to the steady rain. That's not to say I don't like it - there is definitely something soothing about it.

Anyway, had my breakfast (Vegemite on toast + coffee), got ready for work. At the moment, my only waterproof gear is a jacket which I love, but is only hip-length. I was talking with Kara about the rain... she mentioned that it's February when Vancouverites start to get cabin fever. February! Sheesh!

I was waiting for the bus, standing in the rain, quite enjoying it, and not too wet. There was a guy next to me who had no waterproof gear on at all, who looked bone dry. The bus arrived. I seriously felt as I was the only person who was wet. For some reason, every Vancouverite showed no evidence of even being in the rain... no droplets of water, no slightly wet jeans (like mine)... I didn't get it.

Even the ladies of the night on Hastings who all happened to be wearing ridiculously high cork-soled platform shoes were dry!

Perhaps they all spray themselves with this before they leave the house.