Fog as metaphor.

The other day when I left my place to go to work it was one of the foggiest days i'd ever seen. Visibility was down to about 50 metres.

I knew which way I had to go to get to the bus stop, but I couldn't see it. I couldn't see the beautiful mountains which surround the city, or the buildings downtown. It was chilly, and the light was hazy.

Nevertheless, I wandered off into the foggy wilderness, fogged up even more by the music playing in my ears. I always listen to music when I catch the bus.

Funnily enough, there were also a few life-type developments on that foggy day, which obscured the various destinations and plans I had in my mind. Going away for Christmas, returning to work in Vankie afterwards with exciting people, seeing various friends and loved ones whenever I want... it wasn't that all these things won't happen, just that it was difficult to be assured of them all of a sudden.

It would seem that fog is rarely a permanent fixture though, and depends on a variety of surrounding factors. Just made for a cheesy metaphor for some things i've encountered in the recent past.