The Return of the Eurotrash.

love the motherland!

Last night I attended a very well-catered eastern european party. When contemplating an appropriate outfit, I dove for the standard bolshevik fare of potatoes and brightly coloured headscarves. Given that I don't have a super extensive wardrobe (yet), I grabbed a tea towel from the kitchen, and some potatoes from the pantry.

Caterina and Stewart picked me up, and I was pleasantly suprised to see that they were following the same theme - Stewart donned a blonde Heidi wig, a headscarf, a bad skirt and a shawl, and Caterina the same plus vodka.

To my delight, I was bombarded with the entire population of polish eurotrash when we entered the party. Big, bad hair, pink, tight pants, those russian hats, bad 80s music... I think I worked out why the ladies wear those headscarves all the time. It's not the weather - it's to cover up their bad hairdos.

The food was as stunning as eastern european fair can get - strudel, polish sausage, perogies, sauerkraut... great stuff.

I'm pleased I avoided the wodka... some of the eurotrashettes were getting pretty messy before I left.