The Passion.

The traveller always wants home to be just as it was. The traveller expects to change... but I wanted to know in advance that my audience was seated.

From The Passion by Jeanette Winterson

Some of my friends have asked recently if any of the crap that's gone down in the last few months has made me consider returning home. I guess this is a natural question, given the fact that I was feeling pretty sorry for myself for most of the time, and didn't really hide the fact that I wasn't sure what to do.

Funnily enough, I never considered going home to be an option. Sorry mum. In retrospect, I actually enjoyed Seattle a great deal, particularly because of the lovely group of people I got to know there, who took me under their collective wing, and carried me along with them for the duration. I was very sad to leave such warmth and generosity.

On the other hand, I am very excited to be back in Vankie, at my super job (you know looking at the people). So excited in fact, that today I purchased several nice plants for the office. No-one can deny that plants are great to have around when you're working. There's the obvious oxygen production, and the slightly more subtle green colour therapy...

If only Stalin had thought of that... in all his factories and things... a bit more greenery...?