Thanks Max.

My new favourite roomie, Sarah (who's an actual, real-life archaeologist, can you believe it??) and I were having a chat on the porch last night, after i'd had a surprisingly rough day for no apparent reason.

I was worrying. Apart from observing that her Capricorn lovers have been icy emotionally, she quoted the Desiderata and suddenly that perspective made sense...
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

My imaginings have a habit of getting away from me. I find the ferment to be having too much time on my own. I tend to reflect on things a lot at the very best of times, because I enjoy it. I have caught myself thinking in a little fantasy world as well though, having moved so far from the actual that my reflection has shifted to completely different mirror.

Believe it or not, even though i'm a Capricorn, despite what Sarah believes, i am capable of explaining how I feel - just not to everyone, all the time. What I need to practice is doing this before things get unrealistic, and perhaps ingratiate myself a little deeper with a few of my new mates.

Actually, maybe i'm shit at communicating well. Perhaps i'm an island. And maybe you'll never dock in my port unless you supplicate me with many compliments and gifts.

You decide.