Decided.

Now most people would be aware that Kerry conceded to Bush this morning. Bush won the majority of popular votes in the US, and also gained ground in both the House of Representatives, and the Senate.

Rather than ranting about how weird it feels that the person I thought was better for the job didn't get it, i'm choosing to quiet my individual voice. More than most of the other stuff i'm thinking, i'm confused about the dynamic between individual and group action. Here I was thinking that everyone can make a difference, particularly by going to the polls on US election day, and casting their (albeit mind-puzzlesque) ballot. Many people did. It was apparently one of the biggest voter turnouts since '68. Interesting historical comparison there...

So, you have these two massive groups, democrats and republicans, both full to the brim of riled-up, energetic, determined, disillusioned individuals.

Coming from Australia, where there's a) compulsory attendance at the polling booth on voting day and more importantly b) a non-partisan body called the Australian Electoral Commission, as an individual, I realise that i'm pleased to see voting as a thing that I should do, not could do. To all the people that voted in the US yesterday -- whichever way you went-- well done.

I just had the vision of a road train driving without brakes. Rats leaping from burning ships... I recall reading a wonderful, classical lyric poem about a dude who was a bit too proud to beg. Funnily enough, as an individual, I decided that the best time to read this cover to cover was the day after my classics exam.

Let's see what happens next.