Choice cuts.

I could probably blog full time on the absolute GEMS that fly around the lovely community that is Flickr. This one was enough to get me up off the couch. It is a thread from the biggest group on Flickr, FlickrCentral.
Why do lots of flickr women have 'ME' sets ?
  • Maybe some men think it is somehow "gay-ish" doing it, while women are used to expose themselves as "objects", just guessing. And no offense, please.
  • Well Kirsten, narcissism doesn't come into it for me as I think I'm pig ugly.
  • I'll wager the reason is innate gender dimorphism in mating strategies. Men try to impress with wealth and power, while women want to attract with personality and beauty, because that's what the other sex bases their choices on.
  • I have a set I call "me n stuff" because its of me, and my stuff.
  • I have a "me" set. But it's called "Preening Cam Whore"
  • Because "ME" is lesbian code for "clitoris". Everyone knows that.
  • Hey, has anyone here read the post-structuralist essays of John Berger in his book "Ways of Seeing"?
  • Oh yes: "You painted a naked woman because you enjoyed looking at her, you put a mirror in her hand and you called the painting Vanity, thus morally condemning the woman whose nakedness you had depicted for your own pleasure.
    The real function of the mirror was otherwise. It was to make the woman connive in treating herself as, first and foremost, a sight."

(I have done a bit of editing out of names and things. You can visit the thread here.)