Let's hear music!

Caterina poked me and told me to tell the world about my musical proclivities in the following manner:

Total Volume Of Music On My Computer
Is a paltry 483 songs, 1.5 days, 2.04GB. Now, this isn't because I don't love music. Many of my favourite CDs are waiting to be played again in a cosy storage container back in Adelaide. I have only bought about 30 over the last couple of years. I like listening to the radio too. Groove Salad is normally pretty good.

The Last CD I Bought
Music from Big Pink by The Band. Weight always rocks no matter how cheesy you think it is, and no-one can resist the urge to sing along. I saw The Festival Express a while ago, and I liked The Band's drummer's style. It's actually pretty tricky to play the drums and sing at the same time - unless it's Weight of course... everyone knows that. Damn Canadians must be rubbing off on me.

Song Playing Right Now
Boogie on Reggae Woman by Stevie Wonder. I can listen to Stevie most of the time.

5 songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me
Luckily I have a few of them in my measly collection here. (Note: Just like the game where you describe yourself in 3 words, these are subject to change...)
  1. You Send Me by Aretha Franklin: This song continues to recall some of the loveliest times of my life, simply hanging with my dear Sophie. Aretha is number 1.
  2. Favourite Friend by Snow Patrol: Cal put me on to these puppies, and we caught them at The Commodore in Vankie. Great lyrics and loose high-hat, snare-thumping rock.
  3. No One Has Ever Looked So Dead by The Organ: "It really shook you when I said, no one has ever looked so dead." Excellent bunch of Vancouver ladies. Great live too.
  4. Elusive by Ms John Soda: I remember the first time I heard this song. I was at work, and this made me stop and just listen. I still love it.
  5. Love Is Strange by Everything But The Girl: A friend sent me a bunch of her CDs once so i'd have something to listen to. Apart from me thinking what a lovely gesture that was, I discovered this song, and now it's become a marker for that time in my life.

3 people to whom I’m passing the baton
3 people. Umm. Sarah, Selva and Mike.