Contemplative book spiral

Contemplative book spiral I have just returned from a lovely ladies brunchy bookswappy thingy at Judith's studio. I realise there's little I enjoy more than hanging out with a bunch of smart women, particularly while eating pastries. Corey brought the apple of her eye as well. I probably need to steal borrow Ethan for a few hours one day, because he is really a very happy little chappy.

Seeing how my few books are packed up in boxes, I had purchased a few bits and pieces to read and then add to the book swap. I only just read Ethan Frome and took it along to swap. Little did I know that all American kids are forced to read Edith Wharton in high school. Needless to say, Edith came home with me. (I wasn't quite finished my copy of The Quantity Theory Of Insanity by Will Self.)

Lifeblog postI picked up:

  • 1421 by Gavin Menzies,
  • Big If by Mark Costello.
  • Boonville by Robert Mailer Anderson,
  • Claire Marvel by John Burnham Schwartz,
  • Geek Love by Katherine Dunn,
  • Gramercy Park by Paula Cohen,
  • No Place On Earth by Christa Wolf,
  • Object Of Your Love by Dorothy Speak, and
  • The Pleasing Hour by Lily King.
Hopefully my book cred will be substantiated next time, after the tragedy of Edith.

(Photos by judith & heather)