Clap-trap-lash.

What a funny bunch of crap I came upon in the comments of Mr O'Reilly's post about Open Social. Please, just read it...
When users get to "manage" their SoNets from one "dashboard" things are going to dramatically change. I think Google will announce their Socialstream soon, fresh on the heels of OpenSocial, and I *hope* they're able to use the OpenSocial API to tap into the power of the Meta SoNet concept.

Basically this means:
  • the Meta SoNet allows users to check the status of all of their SoNets from one place

  • the Meta SoNet doesn't replace the other networks, just like RSS feeds don't replace blogs and websites

  • the Meta SoNet and OpenSocial API help benefits consumers, advertisers, and network operators - targeted, opt-in ads made possible by linking semantic data across multiple networks. Consumers get the goods, advertisers of course find their consumers, and networks benefit from facilitating this process.
Eventually the Meta SoNet will be the actual Internet, but until that happens we'll just have to make do with the one-stop-shop that will evolve into the "dashboard."

I'm really enjoying glancing briefly over the Nerdiverse every so often to observe the thrashing foment of this Next Big Thing, my address book. I'm comforted by the fact that chaps like Devin will be helping me win friends and influence people into the future, via my amazing dashboard.