COVID-19 Journal: Day 19

One of the best exhibitions I've ever seen was a Van Gogh retrospective. I saw it in the US, but I can't remember when or where. Nonetheless, I do remember being utterly transfixed as I slowly observed the evolution of his painting, from dark into light, and seeing into vision.



I am not an art expert, but you don't have to be to flattened by the beauty in his later works, when he was properly under stress, and apparently also dancing with his demons. Obviously, I'm neither Van Gogh, nor a painter, nor in possession of such ethereal genius, but today, I did see a glimpse of a little demon. I see you, I say. I see you. I want you to make me jump, because otherwise, I'll be like dinner at a hospital in six months*.

I didn't make hot cross buns as planned. I probably will tomorrow. I love hot cross buns, and wish I -- I just typed sigh automatically instead of wish -- I wish I could just pop to the shop and get some and toast them. I could, but, you know.

So, I'll make them! With my fifty kilos of raisins that I snared the other day.

Today was sunny again. I worked a bit. Read the news, checked up. One of my feline assistants was helpful, preventing me from getting to settled in. I love it when he sits next to me and leans on me.




I wanted to post a pressie to my friend, so I jumped on my bike to return to the Victoria Park post office because I saw it was open yesterday. Got there and it's hidden inside a supermarket. Had to wait but not too much. Lots of people in that little square being spacious and buying expensive meat and pastries. I got a mint Cornetto and ate it in the sun before I rode back. That was good.

SPRING!



For some reason I'm now having lunch at about 2:30 or 3:00 and that's what happened. I also watched a talk by Paola Antonelli and two very cool cats from Forma Fantasma talking about Cambio and design now and soon and that was good. I enjoy Ms Antonelli's attitude and admire her forthrightness.

http://www.cambio.website/

I'm happy the weather is great. That makes a huge difference. I'm sorry for my family in the southern hemisphere, because the autumn is coming down there. Our daily temperatures are crossing each other in the night.





* Don't worry. I didn't write this because I'm insane. Not yet anyway.