COVID-19 Journal: Day 24

(For yesterday. I got to bed last night and thought no this blog doesn't control me, I'll do it tomorrow.)

How are you?
I don't really know! I mean, I'm fine, healthy, eating well. Exercising my hour a day or so. I'm not bored exactly. Actually, I'm quite enjoying the solitude, but it's different because I don't have a drink with friends on Thursday to look forward to, and I ran out of milk this morning so I'll have to leave the house and be close to other humans. Or drink black coffee.

Back at work. Trying to write an innovative proposal along with thirty thousand other hopefuls across all industries. What I'd really like to work on is the continued development of my own personal collection which is called Great Bums of History, which is basically bums from historical artworks. When placed on a postcard, and then the Box, the bum does a fart. I'm convinced it will be a top seller. I collected about 20 potential bums in the Rijksmuseum yesterday, but unfortunately today they've disappeared.


Bummer

I remember Hannah Gadbsy showing a bum in her latest work, Douglas -- which is stunningly good, by the way - saw it in London with a bunch of broads -- there's a woman's bum and she has a willowy scarf stuck right in her crack. If you know the work of which I speak, please tell me as I think it would be a good addition.

I've actually been taking quite a lot of photos while on lockdown. Here are two self-portraits from yesterday:

Taking the sun

Controlled Chat

Hard to believe we're the same person.

My favourite thing on the internet yesterday was Saturday Night Passover Seder feat. Dan Levy, Finn Wolfhard, Billy Porter, Idina Menzel & More. It's just over an hour long, and full of stories and songs, and the kinds of Jewish jokes I love about welcome don't worry about the wine and come in and are you Jewish? and it's all broken but let's figure out what we can be thankful for. It's that kind of sugar-y American music that, when done well, plinks the heart strings in just the right places. There's a beautiful rendition of Somewhere Over The Rainbow, which, when Judith Light tells you you should listen to from a different point of view, and you do, will make you cry.